On November 5-9, 2009, the forthcoming “7th Macedonian-North American Conference on Macedonian Studies” will take place at the University of Utah at Salt Lake City.
Conference topics and speakers include “Alexander the Great and mythic Homelands” and presenters such as revisionist academics, Professor Emilija Crvenkovska, of the University of Skopje and who is funded by the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) and professor Loring Danforth who has written a number of revisionist history books that questions Greek historical facts relating to Macedonia from ancient to modern and who adheres to Marshal Tito’s falsehoods and revisionist claims.
Today, FYROM continues to provoke Greece, usurping history which has been Hellenic for thousands of years. Actions over the years such as distortion of geographic maps, naming its airport “Alexander the Great,” revisionists textbooks in schools, and inflammatory comments by top government officials, and general hostile propaganda, encourages new generations in FYROM to cultivate hostile sentiments against Greece.
By allowing this lecture, the University of Utah at Salt Lake City runs the risk of being scrutinized for endorsing a conference whose sole purpose is to promote historical revisionism and distortions with regards to the Greek history of Macedonia.
ACTION REQUESTED—CALL, FAX, or E-MAIL:
INFO TO CONTACT:
To Contact President, University of Utah, Salt Lake City:
- Contact Your U.S. Representative to Co-Sponsor House Resolution 187 Condemning Any Attempt to Use the Current Economic Crisis as a Means of Imposing a Settlement on the People of Cyprus
- Contact Your U.S. Representative to Co-Sponsor Resolution Urging Turkey to Respect the Rights and Religious Freedoms of the Ecumenical Patriarchate
- Contact Your Congressional Candidates to Urge Them to Complete AHI's Candidate Questionnaire
- Urge Your U.S. Representative to Oppose Pro-Turkey Trade/Investment Bill
- Contact Your U.S. Representatives—Urge Them to Co-Sponsor Congressional Resolution on FYROM Name Recognition Issue
- Athens Presentation featuring Ambassador David D. Pearce
- Register to attend the 15th Annual Capital Link Greek Investor Forum featuring Minister of Finance, Dec. 17, 2013 in NYC
- 12th Annual Future of Hellenism Conference
- LOG IN and View Important Hudson Institute Conference on Greece, Cyprus and Israel
- Noon Forum in Commemoration of OXI Day
- AHI Forum Details America’s Formidable Contribution to Greek War Relief Commemorates 73rd Anniversary of Oxi Day
- AHI Assesses Findings of European Commission’s “Turkey 2013 Progress Report”
- AHI Forum Commemorates 91st Anniversary of Smyrna Catastrophe
- AHI Announces Benefit Program with Stream Energy
- AHI President Accepts Appointment to American Community Schools of Athens Advisory Council
- AHI President Participates at AHEPA District Workshop
- AHIF Student Foreign Policy Trip Participants Describe their Personal Experiences
- AHEPA Supreme President Visits Hellenic House
- Fifth Annual AHIF Foreign Policy Trip to Greece, Cyprus a Success
- Newly-confirmed American Ambassador to Greece Meets with AHI