On November 5-9, 2009, the forthcoming “7th Macedonian-North American Conference on Macedonian Studies” will take place at the University of Utah at Salt Lake City.
Conference topics and speakers include “Alexander the Great and mythic Homelands” and presenters such as revisionist academics, Professor Emilija Crvenkovska, of the University of Skopje and who is funded by the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) and professor Loring Danforth who has written a number of revisionist history books that questions Greek historical facts relating to Macedonia from ancient to modern and who adheres to Marshal Tito’s falsehoods and revisionist claims.
Today, FYROM continues to provoke Greece, usurping history which has been Hellenic for thousands of years. Actions over the years such as distortion of geographic maps, naming its airport “Alexander the Great,” revisionists textbooks in schools, and inflammatory comments by top government officials, and general hostile propaganda, encourages new generations in FYROM to cultivate hostile sentiments against Greece.
By allowing this lecture, the University of Utah at Salt Lake City runs the risk of being scrutinized for endorsing a conference whose sole purpose is to promote historical revisionism and distortions with regards to the Greek history of Macedonia.
ACTION REQUESTED—CALL, FAX, or E-MAIL:
INFO TO CONTACT:
To Contact President, University of Utah, Salt Lake City:
- H.R.2597 - Contact Your Representative Today!
- Contact Your Congressional Candidates to Urge Them to Complete AHI's Candidate Questionnaire
- Urge Your U.S. Representative to Oppose Pro-Turkey Trade/Investment Bill
- Contact Your U.S. Representatives—Urge Them to Co-Sponsor Congressional Resolution on FYROM Name Recognition Issue
- Urge House Foreign Affairs Committee to Support Halki Resolution on June 7
- AHI Releases 2013 Policy Statements; Statements Advocate for the Rule of Law
- Houston Hosts Screening of AHIF-supported PBS Cyprus Documentary
- AHI Forum Examines Cyprus’s Banking Crisis
- AHI Releases Fact Sheet Detailing Greece’s Contributions to U.S. Security Interests, NATO
- Numerous Articles Report on Developments in the Eastern Mediterranean
- AHI, ANCA: Future Trade Measures with Turkey Must Require End of Turkey’s Military Occupation of Cyprus, Blockade of Armenia
- AHI Welcomes Former Greek Interior Minister to Hellenic House
- AHI Disappointed in Obama Administration’s Recent Actions regarding Policy in the Eastern Mediterranean
- AHI Hosts Annual Congressional Salute to Greek Independence Day
- AHI Legal Counsel Appears on NPR’s “The Diane Rehm Show” to Discuss Cyprus Banking Crisis